Masada Dead Sea Tour from Tel Aviv
Go up to Masada by cable car to tour the 2000 year old fortress and palace built by King Herod, and then take a mud bath in the mineral-rich Dead Sea. Drive along the Judean Desert and see the Qumran caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Float in the mineral-rich Dead Sea and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of a natural mud-bath!
Tour covered sites
- Judea Desert
- Inn of the Good Samaritan
- King Herod’s fortress and palace
- Qumran Caves overview
- Ahava Dead Sea cosmetics store shop
- Dead Sea Beach
- Bedouin Village
|Tour Starts from||Netanya||Herzliya||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem|
|Pickup time at||06:30-06:45||07:00-07:15||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40|
Masada Dead Sea Tour highlights
Tour detailed itinerary
Descend to the Judea Desert via the inn of the Good Samaritan. Drive along the shores of the Dead Sea to Masada where you will learn about the heroic story of the Jewish fighters. Ascend Masada by cable car to tour the 2000 year old fortress and palace built by King Herod, where the Zealots of the first century made their last stand against the Romans. This is the largest and most complete Roman siege camp that remains today. Visit the remains of the walls, palace, synagogue, water cisterns, mosaic floors, roman baths and other findings.
In 2001 UNESCO declared Masada as a World Heritage Site. Descend by Cable Car.
Drive via Ein Gedi, passing by Qumran where you will get a side view of the Qumran caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.
Continue to the Dead Sea. Float in the mineral-rich Dead Sea which, at 400 m below sea level, is the lowest place on earth. Take a mud-bath and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of the natural Dead Sea mud. Enjoy the unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea and cover yourself with the mineral rich mud, that many believe has its therapeutic effects. Return transfer to pick up point.
You should know before the tour
- Tour duration is up to 11 hours
- Lunch break during the tour for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time.
- Lunch can be purchased on the spot in local restaurant or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:00 / Jerusalem 17:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water, swimming suit and towels.
- Free of charge reschedule up to 24 hours before the tour day.
- You start the tour from Jerusalem and finish in Tel Aviv – supplement of 30 USD per person applied on the tour day.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability for reservations made in advance
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking detailed confirmation
- WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 44 11
Share this tour with your friends
Bethlehem & Jericho Tour
On this day tour you will visit the Christian holy sites of Bethlehem and Jericho. Visit Manger Square, the Church of Nativity, the Grotto of the Nativity where Jesus was born, Zacchaeus’ Sycamore tree and much more.
Jerusalem & Bethlehem Tour
Visit Bethlehem, The Church of the Nativity where Jesus was born. Discover the Old City of Jerusalem. Explore the Via Dolorosa, Church of the Holy Sepulcher and Wailing Wall
Jerusalem & Dead Sea Tour
Combine Jerusalem and the Dead Sea. Explore the Via Dolorosa, follow Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. See the Western Wall and then drive to the Dead Sea.
Caesarea Haifa Rosh Hanikra Akko Tour
Explore four Israeli northern coastal sites – Caesarea, Haifa, Rosh Hanikra, and Acre. Visit the port of Caesarea, continue to Haifa to the Baha’i Gardens. See the gleaming white cliffs of Rosh Hanikra and Port of Acre.
Nazareth Galilee Yardenit Tour
Discover holy sites of Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee. Explore the Church of the Annunciation and Church of St Joseph. Visit Capernaum and Jordan River, Yardenit baptismal site.
Get In touch
available from 06:00 – 24:00
Address 32 Sokolov str. Herzliya Israel