Masada & Dead Sea Tour from Ashdod Port
Enjoy the natural beauty and history of Masada and the Dead Sea, two of the most popular sites in the Judean Desert, on this full-day guided tour from Ashdod port. Take a cable car to the top of UNESCO-listed Masada, an ancient mountain fortress, and explore the excavations of King Herod’s palace complex. View of Qumran, best known as the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered not so long ago. Small groups of up to 19 people only.
Discover the Dead Sea at the best part of the day, when the water is cool and inviting, and the beach is comfortable and relaxing. Float on the water or cover yourself in mineral-rich mud at a private beach at the north end of the Dead Sea. The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth, surrounded by the stunning landscape of the Negev Desert.
- Judean Desert
- Inn of the Good Samaritan
- King Herod’s fortress and palace
- Qumran Caves overview
- Ahava Dead Sea cosmetics store shop
- Dead Sea Beach
- Ein Gedi National Park
Masada & Dead Sea Tour includes
Masada & Dead Sea Tour excludes
Our guide will meet you at your cruise ship in Ashdod Port. Drive eastward through the Wilderness of Judea, see the Bedouin settlements along the way, passing by the Inn of the Good Samaritan descending to the lowest point on earth – the Dead Sea, 400 Meters below sea level.
Proceed south along the Dead Sea west coast, view of Qumran and its caves where the famous Dead Sea scrolls were found, to arrive at Mt. Masada.
Ascend by the cable car to the mount, enjoy the breathtaking view of the wilderness, tour the impressive ruins of the great fortress established by king Herod the great over 2000 years ago, which later on became the last stronghold of the Jewish rebels against the Roman empire (73 AD).
See the walls, the palaces, the storerooms, the Roman bathhouse, the old synagogue, the Roman encampments, and the ramp.
Descend by the cable car and travel to a nearby beach of the Dead Sea – stop for a swim in its therapeutic waters, experience the black mud and enjoy these unforgettable feelings of floating on the water.
You should know before the tour
- Minimum 2 people per reservation
- Lunch break time will be provided during the group tour
- Start time / Pick up point: Detailed confirmation will be provided
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water.
- Free of charge reschedule up to 72 hours before the tour day.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Detailed confirmation will be sent within 72 hours post booking
- WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 44 11
Share this tour with your friends
Jerusalem & Bethlehem Tour from Ashdod Port, shows you two ancient cities. Discover all the main highlights in Jerusalem old city. Visit in Bethlehem lets you explore the sacred town of Bethlehem, and among others visit the Church of the Nativity and Mary’s grotto.
Book your small group tour from Haifa port to Nazareth, Galilee region and Jordan river Yardenit. Explore The Church of the Annunciation, the Church of St. Joseph and the Carpentry store. Continue on to Cana, where Jesus performed the miracle. Visit Capernaum, Tabgha, and finally Yardenit where you can be baptized in the Jordan River Yardenit.
Book your small group tour from Haifa port. Explore the northern coastal sites of Israel. A combination of nature, sea and mountains. Visit the World Center of the Baha’i Faith in Haifa. Continue to Akko to see the impressive underground Crusader Halls and walk through the Old City of Acre and end your trip in Rosh Hanikra the only point in the country where the sea meets the mountains.
available from 06:00 – 24:00
Address 32 Sokolov str. Herzliya Israel