Jerusalem Jesus Footsteps Tour from Tel Aviv
Follow in footsteps of Jesus Christ in Jerusalem. Visit the place of the Ascension and Pater Noster. Get an overview of Jerusalem from the top of Mount Olives. Stop at Dominus Flevit, the Garden of Gethsemane and the Church of All Nations. Enter the Old City through the Lion’s Gate and see the Pools of Bethesda and the Church of St. Anne. Continue along the Via Dolorosa, Stations of Christ.
Tour covered sites
- Church of St. Anne
- Dominus Flevit Church
- Garden of Gethsemane
- Mount of Olives
- Church of the Pater Noster
- The Pools of Bethesda
- Church of All Nations
- Via Dolorosa
|Tour Starts from||Netanya||Herzliya||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem|
|Pickup time at||06:30-06:45||07:00-07:15||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40|
Jerusalem Jesus Footsteps Tour highlights
Tour detailed itinerary
On this Christian Jerusalem tour you can follow in the footsteps of Jesus and visit sites where major Biblical events took place. Our tour starts on the Mount of Olives were we visit the Church of the Ascension. The church marks the spot where Jesus ascended to heaven and there is a rock with an imprinted footprint thought to be where Jesus stood before his ascension.
Nearby is the Church of the Pater Noster (Sanctuary of the Eleona), on this spot Jesus taught the Lord’s Prayer. There are plaques on the walls with the Lord’s Prayer written in more than a hundred languages. We see a Crusader cloister and the grotto where Jesus would have taught. This is also where Jesus told his disciples of the eminent destruction of Jerusalem and the 2nd coming.
From the Mount of Olives we look out over the City of Gold across the ancient Jewish cemetery and to the Old City and the Temple Mount beyond. We begin to descend the mount pausing at the Dominus Flevit (the Lord Wept). It was here that Christ cried as he envisioned the destruction of Jerusalem. The Dominus Flevit was designed by architect Antonio Berluzzi to resemble a teardrop. Through the window above the altar we can see the Old City where the two Jewish temples once stood.
A little further along we get to the Church of All Nations and the Garden of Gethsemane. It was here that Jesus prayed before his arrest. The church was funded by a number of nations which each have their coat of arms displayed in decorative glass on the ceiling. The entrance is through tall columns which support a mosaic showing Jesus as the connection between God and man.
We cross the Kidron Valley and arrive at the Lion’s Gate of Jerusalem’s Old City. We see the pools of Bethesda as mentioned in the Gospel of John.
We visit the Crusader Church of Saint Anne constructed above a grotto thought to be where Jesus’ mother Mary was born. In the Convent of the Sisters of Zion we enter the cellars to see the water cistern dating back to the Second Temple. We see the Lithostratos, engraved Roman flagstones, which are part of extensive archaeological findings beneath the convent. It is believed that here Pontius Pilate stood in judgment of Jesus in the courtyard of Praetorium.
From here we set out along the Via Dolorosa retracing the route Jesus took as he carried his cross towards his crucifixion. We see the Stations of the Cross where Jesus stopped along the Way of Sorrows. It was here that Jesus was crucified on Golgotha and Christ’s burial tomb is within the church. The vast Byzantine basilica has many alters and within the church are five of the Stations of the Cross.
The Jerusalem tour retraces Jesus route along the Via Dolorosa through the Old City pausing at the Stations of the Cross. Return transfer after the tour to pick up point.
You should know before the tour
- Tour duration is up to 8 hours
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants
- Minimum 2 people per reservation to guarantee confirmation
- Lunch break during the tour for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time.
- Lunch can be purchased on the spot in local restaurant or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 17:00 / Jerusalem 16:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water
- Free of charge reschedule up to 24 hours before the tour day.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability for reservations made in advance
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking detailed confirmation
- WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 44 11
Share this tour with your friends
Get In touch
available from 06:00 – 24:00
Address 32 Sokolov str. Herzliya Israel