Golan Heights Katzrin Tour from Netanya
Discover the beauty of Israel’s Golan Heights in all its rugged, mountainous glory, on a full-day tour. Take in the scenic landscape of the high, mountainous plateau. Visit border hot springs and a Talmudic village, explore the ruins of a 6th-century synagogue and spot ancient Hebrew inscriptions. Take in views from the top of an extinct volcano above the Quneitra Valley, and get a birds-eye view over one of the Levant’s most contested regions.
Tour covered sites
- Mount Bental
- Synagogue of Katzrin
- Syrian Fortification
- Golan Heights overview
- Sea of Galilee overview
|Tour Starts from||Netanya||Herzliya||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem|
|Pickup time at||08:15-08:45||07:00-07:15||07:20-07:50||06:00-06:30|
Golan Heights Katzrin Tour highlights
Tour detailed itinerary
Travel north to Golan Heights, the stunning mountainous region in northern Israel. On your way to Golan Heights enjoy a couple of photo stops along the way.
Drive north along the coastal road,on route stop at overlook of Megiddo. Enjoy the views from the vantage point of Megiddo, where successive ancient settlements were built on top of each other.
Continue to the village of Katzrin to admire its sights on a walking tour. Though it’s considered as the capital of Golan Heights, Katzrin is actually a Talmudic (ancient Jewish) village with incredible ruins scattered all around. Visit Katzrin’s Synagogue, and admire the remains of the 6th-century building that still features some original decorative details. See ancient Hebrew inscriptions on the ruins of the synagogue’s original walls and columns as you walk around.
After a break, continue to the top of nearby Mount Bental – one of Golan Height’s extinct volcanoes. Towering above the Golan plateau, the mountain lends itself to breathtaking views over Quneitra Valley in Syria.
Pose for photos against the valley backdrop. Return transfer to pick up point.
You should know before the tour
- Tour duration is up to 11 hours
- This tour operates with a minimum of 3 participants
- Minimum 3 people per reservation to guarantee confirmation
- Lunch break during the tour for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time.
- Lunch can be purchased on the spot in local restaurant or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Netanya 17:00 / Tel Aviv 17:30 / Jerusalem 18:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water
- Free of charge reschedule up to 72 hours before the tour day.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability for reservations in advance
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking detailed confirmation
- WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 44 11
Share this tour with your friends
Get In touch
available from 06:00 – 24:00
Address 32 Sokolov str. Herzliya Israel