City of David & Underground Jerusalem Tour
On this tour discover the original Jerusalem settlement built over 3,000 years ago and now hidden beneath the ground. Start with an overview of Jerusalem from Mount Scopus where you can look down on an ancient Jewish cemetery, Garden of Gethsemane and Old City. See the Kidron Valley’s ancient Jewish tombs then go into the Old City through the Zion Gate. Walk through the fascinating Armenian Quarter with its brightly colored ceramics and enter the Old City’s Jewish Quarter. Here highlights include the Byzantine-era Cardo and the iconic Western Wall. We stop to place a prayer note in the Wall then leave the Old City through the Dung Gate. From here the tour takes you underground to the City of David. See the ancient tunnels from rock to bring water to the city thousands of years ago from the Spring of Gihon.
Tour covered sites
- Jewish Quarter
- Byzantine Cardo
- City of David
- Jewish Quarter
- King David’s Tomb
- Sephardi synagogues
- Western Wall Kotel
- Mount Zion
|Tour Starts from||Netanya||Herzliya||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem|
|Pickup time at||06:30-06:45||07:00-07:15||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40|
City of David & Underground Jerusalem Tour highlights
Tour detailed itinerary
This City of David Tour and Underground Jerusalem Tour starts as we take in the view of Jerusalem from Mount Scopus. From here we can look down on an ancient Jewish cemetery and beyond the Old City walls to Temple Mount, site of the Dome of the Rock. On the slope of Mount Scopus, we view the Garden of Gethsemane and adjacent Church of All Nations with its stunning mosaic façade. The tour pauses at the Kidron Valley’s ancient Jewish burial tombs then we rejoin the bus and continue on to the Old City.
The Jerusalem tour takes us through the Zion Gate into the Old City’s Armenian Quarter where the tour guide will tell us about this unique community and their history. From here the tour continues into the Jewish Quarter to see the excavated 1500-year-old Byzantine-era Cardo, once the main thoroughfare of Jerusalem. Later the Crusaders build shops along this route where modern stores now fill the historic spaces. The highlight of any Jewish Jerusalem tour is the Western Wall; the last surviving part of the Second Temple that was destroyed in 70AD. Jews come from across the globe to pray at the Western Wall (Kotel) and place a prayer note between the wall’s ancient stones.
We leave the Old City via the Dung Gate and enter the City of David to tour underground Jerusalem. This excavated city is believed to have been the original settlement in Jerusalem dating back 3,000 years.
Ingenious subterranean tunnels were carved out of the rock to bring water from the Gihon Spring to the Pool of Siloam at the City of David. We pause at the Spring of Gihon before concluding the tour.
Return transfer after the tour to pick up point.
You should know before the tour
- Tour duration is up to 8 hours
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants
- Minimum 2 people per reservation to guarantee confirmation
- Lunch break during the tour for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time.
- Lunch can be purchased on the spot in local restaurant or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 17:00 / Jerusalem 16:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water
- Free of charge reschedule up to 24 hours before the tour day.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability for reservations made in advance
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking detailed confirmation
- WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 44 11
Share this tour with your friends
Get In touch
available from 06:00 – 24:00
Address 32 Sokolov str. Herzliya Israel