Bethlehem & Jericho Tour from Jerusalem
On this day tour you will visit the Christian holy sites of Bethlehem and Jericho. Visit Manger Square, the Church of Nativity, the Grotto of the Nativity where Jesus was born, Zacchaeus’ Sycamore tree and much more. Explore the significant biblical sites of Bethlehem and Jericho. Explore one of the oldest cities in the world at Jericho. Discover Bethlehem, the City of Bread – a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region, and the birthplace of Jesus Christ and King David.
Tour covered sites
- Judean desert
- Inn of the Good Samaritan
- Zacheus Sycamore
- Mt. Temptation
- Elisha’s Spring
- Manger Square
- Church of the Nativity
- Shepherds’ Fields
|Tour Starts from||Netanya||Herzliya||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem|
|Pickup time at||06:30-06:45||07:00-07:15||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40|
Bethlehem Jericho Tour highlights
Tour detailed itinerary
Decent to the Judean desert, you will see the Inn of the Good Samaritan on route. Look out over the remarkable moonscape of the breathtaking Judean desert. We will take a short break at sea level and then continue to Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
Stop at Zacheus Sycamore to see the oldest Sycamore tree, which Zacheus climbed in order to spot Jesus. Visit the Mound of Ancient Jericho, where 25 ancient cities were uncovered.
Founded in 8,000 BC, Jericho is also the oldest Jewish settlement and was captured by Joshua and Israel in 1,200 BC. Stop for overview of Mt. Temptation, where Satan endeavored to tempt Jesus, and get an overview of the oasis of Jericho and Elisha’s Spring. Cable car in Jericho not included.
Departing Jericho back to the Judea mountains and the city of Bethlehem.
Drive towards Bethlehem via the Nativity Circle and visit Bethlehem’s Manger Square, named after the manger Jesus was born in. Manger Square is home to the Church of the Nativity, one of the world’s oldest-standing churches still functioning to this day.
We will visit the main Basilica of the Nativity, designed in the typical Roman-style and constructed on the ruins of its predecessor in 565 AD, as well as the Catholic Church of St. Catherine, adjoining the Basilica of the Nativity.
Underneath the Church stands the Grotto of the Nativity, the cave in which Jesus was born, the exact spot of birth is marked by a 14-pointed star of silver set into the floor.
Our last stop in Bethlehem before returning to Jerusalem will be at a beautiful overview of the Shepherds’ Fields, and the Church of the Shepherds’ Fields. Return to point of pickup.
*Important information: The tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations. Passports are required.
You should know before the tour
- Tour duration is up to 10 hours
- Visited cities order might be changed.
- Due to visitors overload a visit down to Nativity cave is not always possible
- Passport compulsory for visit to Bethlehem and Jericho
- Lunch break during the tour for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time.
- Lunch can be purchased on the spot in local restaurant or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:30 / Jerusalem 17:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water.
- Free of charge reschedule up to 24 hours before the tour day.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem.
- You start the tour from Jerusalem and finish in Tel Aviv – supplement of 30 USD per person applied on the tour day.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking detailed confirmation
- WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 44 11
Share this tour with your friends
Jordan Petra Tour from Israel with flights
Visit the ancient city of Petra on a full-day tour from Israel including flights to Eilat and back to Tel Aviv. Visit Petra, a treasure of the ancient world
Jerusalem & Bethlehem Tour
Visit Bethlehem, The Church of the Nativity where Jesus was born. Discover the Old City of Jerusalem. Explore the Via Dolorosa, Church of the Holy Sepulcher and Wailing Wall
Jerusalem & Dead Sea Tour
Combine Jerusalem and the Dead Sea. Explore the Via Dolorosa, follow Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. See the Western Wall and then drive to the Dead Sea.
Caesarea Haifa Rosh Hanikra Akko Tour
Explore four Israeli northern coastal sites – Caesarea, Haifa, Rosh Hanikra, and Acre. Visit the port of Caesarea, continue to Haifa to the Baha’i Gardens. See the gleaming white cliffs of Rosh Hanikra and Port of Acre.
Masada Dead Sea Tour
Go up to Masada by cable car to tour the 2000 year old fortress and palace built by King Herod, and then take a mud bath in the mineral-rich Dead Sea.
Nazareth Galilee Yardenit Tour
Discover holy sites of Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee. Explore the Church of the Annunciation and Church of St Joseph. Visit Capernaum and Jordan River, Yardenit baptismal site.
Get In touch
available from 06:00 – 24:00
Address 32 Sokolov str. Herzliya Israel